All classes taught at Atlanta Country Day School meet the seat time requirements of the State of Georgia. This can be seen in the outline of how we handle our Academic Program
The academic program emphasizes:
- Mastery of subject matter and creative thought
- A unique, four day per week schedule fosters student needs and interests, The schedule has all the benefits of a block schedule and none of the drawbacks since students still take all of their classes throughout the entire school year.
- An atmosphere of individual acceptance and respect that celebrates each student’s unique gifts and abilities
- Instruction in and utilization of effective study skills
- Preparation for college and beyond
- Self-respect, self-discipline, and regard for others
- High academic and behavioral expectations that recognize each student as a person.
- Physical development through curricular and extracurricular activities, including athletic teams and service organizations
- Administrators, parents, faculty, and students working together to foster effective communication and school unity